Sunday, March 08, 2009

Brain Hemorrhage- Thoughts spilled out.


It sucks that its not winter, cause i like winter. Most of the other kids from school love summer cause they get to go to the beach and get a tan and hang out with friends. i like the beach too, but only when its empty, when i sneak out and sit there by myself at night sometimes, especially in winter. When the cold wind that crashes onto the shore with the waves strike my face i love the feel of the raw chill against my skin like a thousand blazing knives cutting against it, yeah i love that. The other kids in school think I'm a weirdo, and maybe thats why i don't have any friends. I don't blame them, i know I'm weird. And besides i like to spend time on my own, or maybe I've just gotten used to it.
I like winter, because it's cold, cold like ice, cold like a stare that makes you feel clammy, cold like the left side of my mom's bed, cold like my toilet seat early in the morning, cold like me.
I used to have a dog when i was like eight.
He was called Thor. He got run over by a truck. I remember crying alot.
I go over to Mr. Walsh three times a week to do his gardening for him. He pays me ten dollars for it. He lets me have his home-made ham sandwiches and beer cause i told him my mom was cool with me drinking, and he actually believed it. He's kind of old and deathly afraid of garden lizards.

So you know nothing concrete about me do you?
Neither do i.
But the thing is i dont want to.

But you do.





6 comments:

Sambit said...

the style.
you said it.
i can feel the chill in it.
it's menacing without even trying to be so.
and i do.

Sambit said...

tell me more.

Shalmi said...

you talk- or write- or both- at least here- like jazz music.

catching my breath.

Astraeus said...

posts with titles like this, the anthropophagic genre isn't far off little one
:P

Rajasee Ray said...

i read a book called "the book of story beginnings".
we have lots of those.
except that they're only meant to be beginnings. you know.
that's how they're whole.
because they're not.
like rabindranath said about short stories :"shesh hoyeo hoilo na shesh".
it's another one of those parallel universes that you can touch but not reach...sends a thrill down your spine everytime.
creating worlds. and then bas. so only the beginning is yours. the rest belongs to them.

senjuti. said...

I love this post. And the font is so apt. Feels like this piece of text was typed out in a swirl. And you are standing by the window having already forgotten the words, while people dig deeper in.