Friday, June 23, 2006

BEING COLOURED...


(Anurina told me about this poem which was written by a "black" boy..after searching online for five minutes i found it...i love this poem...this poem got the award for the best poem of 2005....i think it deserves it)

When I was born...I was BLACK.
When I grew up...I was BLACK.
When I am sick...I am BLACK
When I go out in the sun...I am BLACK.
When I go out in the cold...I am BLACK.
When I die...I am BLACK.

BUT YOU WHITE FOLK :
When you are born...You are PINK.
When you grow up...You are PEACH.
When you are sick...You are GREEN.
When you go out in the cold...You are BLUE.
When you are scared... You are WHITE.
When you go out in the sun...You are RED.
When you die...You turn PURPLE.
And you have the nerve to call me "COLORED"!

~Author unknown

6 comments:

Mind Mapping said...

what a sarcastic boy!

it really does deserve it.

and i didn't know people turn purple when they die...

Rajasee Ray said...

yeah they do. bacteria decomposition. all those dracula and zombie undead movies?

he's sooo right.

Rajasee Ray said...

go visit googlys blog.

Faustus said...

Hey aren't dead men white?

Just asking

Xiamaze said...

no they;re not.

Anonymous said...

oooff! blopdy science students!! appreciate the poem, not hwo bacteria grows on dead men!